Gas Line Repair & Leak Detection Solutions in Baton Rouge
Do you hear hissing, or smell rotten eggs? Call (225) 372-2444 immediately and get gas line repair and installation services from Cajun Maintenance.
Many homes in Baton Rouge, LA and the surrounding areas in East Baton Rouge Parish use natural gas to power their appliances, but this odorless, colorless, and highly combustible gas can burst into flames if heated. It is also unsafe for humans and animals to inhale. In fact, this gas is so dangerous that the smell of sulfur, or rotten eggs, is added to make it more noticeable. At Cajun Maintenance we provide fast response times so you can quickly return to your normal routine.
Visit our reviews page for examples of customer feedback from homeowners just like you.
What Are the Signs of a Gas Leak?
Being able to keep your home, your investments, and your family safe from a dangerous natural gas leak means knowing the warning signs and taking immediate action if you suspect that there may be an issue. Some things to watch out for:
- The smell of rotten eggs. Natural gas is odorless, and this unpleasant and easy-to-identify smell is added to make it easy to detect when a gas leak is present.
- Hissing sounds. As the gas escapes your gas line, it will hiss, so if you hear hissing, then your line has likely been compromised.
- Your vegetation is dying. Natural gas will kill any vegetation it comes into contact with, so if your yard has a “dead spot” a gas leak may be to blame.
What Should You Do If You Have a Gas Leak?
If you recognize any of the warning signs that we mentioned above be sure to take these precautionary steps as soon as possible:
- Call the gas company. Ensure that your gas is turned off as quickly as possible.
- Call a technician from Cajun Maintenance for gas leak detection and repair services.
- Turn off your appliances and don’t turn on any lights or lamps.
- Open all your windows to encourage the gas to escape.
- Evacuate your home as quickly as possible.
- Don’t start your car if you have it parked close to your home.
We’re committed to helping you save – visit our coupons page to take advantage of our current online specials.
Why Work With Our Team?
We’ve been serving your community for over a decade: Our many years of experience mean that we know exactly what works and how to resolve the unique plumbing needs of East Baton Rouge Parish residents.
Our commitment is to you: Our customers always come first, and we make a point to go above and beyond. Don’t Settle For Less. Call the Best!
Stay safe in your Baton Rouge, LA home when you call (225) 372-2444 for fast, effective solutions to your gas line problems.